Several years ago, my husband and I began a tradition of cooking a large seafood dinner and toasting the new years with a bottle (or two!) of champagne. Last year, we spent New Year’s Eve in Florida with my family, so we had a break from our little tradition. Today he is going shopping for our big night. Unfortunately, I’m stuck on the sofa with a hurt back.
Nearly a month ago, I slipped down the stairs, twice, because my new slippers were a bit slippery (gosh darn those 6 euro slippers from Leclerc!). After a week of bed rest and anti-inflammatory medicine, I was feeling much better. Then three weeks after the accident, I decided to rearrange the furniture in our garage so I could have room to build my daughter’s dollhouse for Christmas. Whoops! Now, my back is hurting and I’m on bed rest and anti-inflammatory medicine again. At least my daughter’s dollhouse was a huge success.
So now I’m spending another week on bed rest while my husband works, takes care of the kids, changes diapers, cooks, and cleans. What a way to start the year. Honey, if you’re reading this, can you bring me up another cup of tea? I hope I don’t end up needing two weeks of bed rest (wink wink). La vie est dure, non?
Our plans for the upcoming new year is to relax. We’ve been so busy with moving and renovating houses, that we’ve been unable to truly take the time out and enjoy how much we’ve accomplished. Since we always tell ourselves that we will slow down, and never do, I’m hoping this will not be another failed attempt.
So here’s my New Year Resolutions :
- One date night per month. We’ve only had 2 date nights in 2 years, so this may be pushing it.
- Two family outings per month. This includes taking the kids out to the beach, park, aquarium, zoo, or pool.
- Start running again. As soon as my back is healed, I’ll wait an extra couple weeks (for good measure) and start up again.
- Write regularly. After not working for over a year, I’m anxious to blog, finish my book, and start on other pending projects.
- Laugh more. I’ve been a bundle of stress for so long, I need to let loose and have more fun around the house.
Have a Happy New Year! I hope it brings to you new beginnings, doors to open, and dreams to surface.
So here’s a toast to another new year… yay to 2015!!!
Do you have any big plans or special traditions?