Chapters are in English and French, and includes 350 pregnancy-related vocabulary words and 150 practice sentences. This book is filled with information, personal stories, and advice about being pregnant in France.
- Chapters are in English and French for building reading skills.
- Practice exercises with translations and answers at the end of each chapter.
- Vocabulary words are repeated throughout the book.
- Appendix includes medical terminologies for illnesses, symptoms, and anatomy.
- Emergency contact page is provided for printing (or tearing from the paperback book).
Book Details: 12 chapters, 162 pages, 350 vocabulary words, 150 practice exercises. Published June 3, 2012.
Table of contents: Pregnancy Declaration, Gynecologist or Midwife, Medical Schedule, First Prenatal Appointment, Ultrasounds, Maternity Leave, Complementary Health Insurance, Birthing Locations, Birth Preparation Classes, Labor, Delivery, Hospital Stay, and Appendix.
Specially formatted for e-readers: Easily match French text with its English translation. For example, when you see (1.1) next to French text, you will find (1.1) next to the matching English text. The table of contents is also clickable so you can conveniently flip around the ebook.
“I’m so glad to have read your book. I needed it to make my life easier when conducting classes in English for patients who do not understand French, or whose husbands are poor translators. I am delighted to recommend your book to these women, for better understanding.”
– Catherine Gervaise, Sage-Femme Libérale, Aix en Provence
“I just want to say thank you for the book! I can say that I am now prepped up whenever I get pregnant soon! It’s really a big help for practicing my not-so-good french too!”
– Love All Things Handmade on the French Mamma Facebook page
“Simple, yet thorough, informative and instructive, French Mamma’s Pregnant in France by Carrieanne Le Bras is written in both French and English. If you are a foreigner having a baby in France, this book is for you!”
Maria Babin at Busy as a Bee in Paris